Sunday, January 10, 2010

Australs Recording

On 2008, there were only two Indonesian teams at Ateneo Australs. On 2009, there were only three Indonesian teams at Monash Australs. I was there in Manila, and it was only recently I remember that I have some audio recordings from the Australs 2008 knock off rounds. If you are interested, I have them at my other page in Google Sites.

The available recordings are from the following rounds:
- ESL Semi Final, Assumption U. vs U. Indonesia, That industrialized nations should be forced to accept climate change refugees.
- ESL Final, U. Indonesia vs. IIU Malaysia, That the price of petrol should be determined entirely by the market.
- Quarter Final, Sydney (?) vs Vic (?), That low-income ethnic neighborhoods should be protected from gentrification.
- Semi Final, Monash 1 vs AdMU 1, That we would abolish the crime of statutory rape.
- Grand Final, U. of Sydney Union 1 vs Monash 1, That gun ownership should be restricted to law enforcement agencies.

Several notes on the file: there are 8 files for each debate, one for each speech. The numbering starts from Recording 0 for PM speech, to Recording 8 for Govt Reply. The files are in .AMR format (I recorded them with my SonyEricsson phone at that time), but here's a free nifty program to convert the audio files to .WAV format. The uncommon format, however, made the overall size of the files small enough and it therefore should save you a couple minutes in downloading them.

On another note, I saw that there are Semi Final, Final and ESL Final videos from Monash Australs 2009 at http://loganimal.blip.tv/ you might want to check that out.

I hope the people involved in the debates do not mind me sharing the files.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hi SEF-ITB,

I'm Sabrina and I'm the President of Swiss German University English Club. Our English Club is Brand New and we are looking for English competitions or seminars that we can attend. I'm hoping that you can update us on the latest info and news about any English related activities we can participate. Email: sabrina.effendy@yahoo.com
Thanks :)

Masyhur said...

Hey Sabrina, I've forwarded your info to one of indodebaters' moderator, suggesting your invitation to the mailing list--if you're not a member already.
Alternatively, you can check the group's webpage at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indodebaters/

Cheers!